Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2007

One Week

Exactly one week since my last post. That is pretty diligent if I do say so myself. A lot has happened in the past week.

I have been sick as a dog and talking like a horse. I am sick of being sick and looking forward to feeling better. It is hard to take care of yourself when you are living in a tent and riding around 60 or 70 miles in the wind and rain each day. But honestly, I have been in great spirits and just bummed that I can't make more jokes since I can't talk much. The others probably appreciate it :)

I am glad to be out of Wyoming. We had a few nice days but mostly extreme winds and not so extreme rain. Finally in Colorado. It has been a long time coming since I have wanted to visit and spend some time in CO for years.

Spent a couple of nights in Breckenridge and had a blast at the well timed annual town party. Summit county rocks and I'd love to get to spend some more time there either in summer or winter.

Stayed at the coolest hostel with the coolest owners ever and said goodbye to the rest of the group. I had planned on breaking off at some point and it seemed quite logical to stay in a cool place at a great hostel and rest up one more day and try to get well. We had picked up another rider (Holland, turns out he is really cool and fun to be on the road with) and it wasn't hard to convince him in joining me at Telluride.

By the way I'm going to the Telluride Bluegrass Festival and extremely stoked. A couple of great days of riding and a couple more, then the festival starts Thursday. We are really trying to hightail it down there to make it in time to find tickets since they are sold out.

Today was epic. 83 miles with was the tallest pass yet and most ride time yet, just over 8 hours in the saddle. How's that for a work day? Pretty great if you ask me.

I miss my friends and family (and pretty much everyone else I know since everyone I come in contact with is a stranger. I continue to think of you all and pray for safety and well being.

1 comment:

Jason said...

I miss you buddy, hope all is well