Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Day Hike - Mohawk Lake

Woah, this place is a 10 minute drive from my house!  Of course then there is a 4 mile hike and 2000+ ft of elevation between the trail-head and the lakes...  Nice to be able to make it happen after a lazy Sunday and only deciding to head out around 15:30... I was the last man up (except for a couple of campers that were staying the night, I'll take my pack next time) and folks seemed pretty amused that I was just headed out when they had gotten their start at 10:00.  Perfect time of day, perfect weather and a killer workout!  Some of the best pics of the trip so far, so I had to post a lot...  Saw beautiful waterfalls, old cabins and mine ruins, 5 different lakes and some MEAN mountain goats (look closely at the last pic, seriously that mama was not going to let me pass by without some sweet-talking/yelling).




























No comments: